ANTONI LLUECA ABELLA MD, PhD
- Spanish gynecologist, pioneer in the creation of a multidisciplinary unit of oncological surgery.
- With more than 20 years of experience on oncological gynaecology.
- Castellón School of Cancer Surgery promoter (Spain).
- Director of Medtronic Chair of Surgical Training and Research. Universitat Jaume I (Castellón, Spain)
- Part-time lecturer at the Medicine College in Universitat Jaume I (Castellón, Spain).
- Coordinator of the Multidisciplinary Unit of Abdominopelvic Oncological Surgery at the General University Hospital in Castellón (Spain).
Welcome Castellón School of Cancer Surgery
I was born in Burriana, within the province of Castellón. Although I have developed my professional career in different places, I have always wanted to play a part in the strengthening of my homeland as the hub for a base on oncological surgery seen from different perspectives: Training, research and scientific dissemination.
Thus, Castellón School of Cancer Surgery (CSCS) was born in 2016, a promising initiative that has become an academic project with Medtronic Chair of Surgical Training and Research at its core, and the Multidisciplinary Unit of Abdominopelvic Oncological Surgery (MUAPOS) at the General University Hospital as a reference centre.
Castellón School of Cancer Surgery (CSCS) is the kernel of the training and research activities undertaken by a group of medical professionals who share a common aim: applying multidisciplinarity to surgery in order to obtain the best results. This site seeks to be the window to the advances in the field of oncological surgery and a tool for scientific dissemination for practitioners, researchers, lecturers, students, medical industry and society at large.
I hope to meet you here regularly, that shall indicate the good progress of this project.